Our beautiful island is full of awesome spots to explore. Below are the top 12 Puerto Rico attractions suitable for all ages and all types of physical condition so you can always enjoy in family.
12. Perto Rico Olympic Hostel Located in Salinas, this has several recreational stations that allow the family to enjoy, for all ages, such as: Botanical Garden, several themed Water Parks, Rock Climbing Park, Mini Golf Course, in addition to the Museum Olympic Games of Puerto Rico.
11. The Aquatic Park Waterfalls Located in Aguadilla; Is on the top 10 list of water parks in the world. It is a popular family destination, known as the largest theme park in the Caribbean. You can find: Activity Pool, Water Tunnel, Crazy River, Rapid Chorreras, Passive Tropical River, Wave Pool, among others.
10. Surf ‘N Fun Water Park Located in San Germán is perfect for the whole family. Among the attractions of the park are: Semi Olympic Wave Pool, Passive River, Floating Boat, Tennis Court, Volleyball in Sand, Surfing Area and much more.
8. Parque Forestal La Marquesa Located in Guaynabo. This ecological forest park is described as “a green lung for the enjoyment of the whole family.” From aviary and butterfly, to cable car, are just some of the attractions. If you love extreme adventures, you can also enjoy zipline, rappelling and hiking facilities available (not included in general entrance fee).
7. Guánica Dry Forest It is considered the best preserved dry forest in the Caribbean. Long and hot walks is what awaits you, make sure that when you bring a lot of water, snack and clothes with you. At the entrance to the forest, talk to the Department of Natural Resources staff and let them know how much time you want to spend in the forest and the physical condition of the group. Depending on these data, you are going to recommend a path. Among the most popular roads are: Camino Capron, Camino la Cueva, Camino el Vigia. There are certain paths that can be cycled, ask the staff of the DRNA in which roads is allowed to use.
6. Cave Ventana Located in Arecibo, excellent ecotourism adventure for all ages. They have biologists and tour guides as part of the staff who offer guided tours of the natural cave. Tour guides also provide information about the plants found there, some of which are close to extinction, and visitors can learn about the history of the original Taíno Indians during the approximately 45-minute walk.
5. Parque Luis Muñoz Marín Located in San Juan, it is a natural oasis forested with all the flora typical of the country and artificial lakes. It is a good environment to enjoy family, group, festivals or corporate activities outdoors. Among the new attractions is a swimming pool with its mosaic-tiled background and from the walls come chorritos, there is also an elevated walk, approximately 30 feet, where you can walk among the trees and enjoy a view from the top Park. There are also two areas for pet fun. For football lovers, there is a mini park.
4. Parque of the Cavernas of the Camuy River is one of the most spectacular places of Puerto Rico and recently Designated as the First Natural Charm of Puerto Rico. It is the third largest caves system in the world where at the moment 18 entries have been discovered. During the tour the guides of the park will inform you about the ecosystem of the cave in a jovial and friendly way. Among the most impressive things is Cueva Clara, which has more than 170 feet high and stalagmites and immense stalactites and the Rio Camuy at the end of the exhibition. You already have idea of where to start exploring the hidden treasures of Puerto Rico.
3. Black Toro (Toro Negro) State Forest Located between the municipalities of Orocovis, Jayuya, Ponce, Juana Díaz and Ciales. It has nine rivers: Indalecia River, Guayo River, Inabón River, Blanco River, Anón River, Prieto River, Rio Saliente, Rio Toro Negro and Rio Matrullas; In them you can take a dip to refresh yourself. It also has two lakes; Matrulla and Guineos, where you can fish, kayak or boat. You can climb the Observation Tower, walk along the paths, observe birds and a beautiful variety of insects, animals and vegetation.
2. Humacao Natural Reserve is the perfect area to spend a day of outdoor activities surrounded by nature. Among the activities that can be done in the reserve are: Recreational fishing, Bird watching, Trekking along the paths, Kayak tour, Pedal boats through the lagoons, Bike tours and camps (with authorization from the DRNA), among others. Live the experience of touring its paths with one of the guides is magic, they transport you to the history and you learn of the diversity of species that inhabit there.
Make your group, and enjoy the charms of the Island!