Santurce’s famous market – La Placita San Juan (The Small Plaza) – has become one of Puerto Rico’s hottest nightlife places to visit due to its vibrant atmosphere. The market plaza serves as a backdrop to its surrounding streets that become a street party across the area.
The streets of La Placita San Juan get more crowded on Thursday nights and through the weekend, with people drinking in different bars, eating at their favorite restaurants, offering every type of Puerto rican dishes, and enjoying live music.
There are sculptures of gigantic avocados in front of the main building, built in 1910 in iron and concrete, covered with steel armor with red asbestos tiles. There are people of different ages under any kiosk, some with touch of yesteryear.
La Placita and Old San Juan are the perfect 1-2 punch when visiting the metropolitan area of Puerto Rico (both are fairly close) and are two places you SHOULD NOT MISS if you like to party, drink, eat… or all of the above!
Places to eat a La Placita:
- Tasca el Pescador: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Puerto Rican, Spanish
- El Popular: Latin, Caribbean
- Asere Cubano Kitchen Bar: Cuban
- San Juan Smokehouse: Southwestern
- La Revolucion: Mexican
- Chicharron: Caribbean fusion
- Jiro Sushi & Thai Tapas: Japaneses
- Santaella: Caribbean fusion
- HP Tavern: Pizza & Burgers
- Puerto Rico's shoppers provide an affectionate reception. Throughout the Island of Puerto Rico you will find many craft centers that are owned by local artists, many of them will even encourage the visitors to visit their studios to see how the local traditional arts and crafts are made. At the…